Fi Katzler was born in Malta and grew up by the south coast of England in Hampshire. Having studied art in the UK, she moved to Aix-en-Provence, France in 2008. There she continued to paint, studying with the Gardanne Art School and the Leo Marchutz School of Art.
Fi never tires of the stunning scenery in Provence and the intense luminosity of the light that has inspired so many Master Artists in the past, notably Cezanne and Van Gogh.
Predominantly a 'plein air' artist, Fi is excited by the joy of painting in the local landscape. She loves to be immersed in nature; to feel the heat of the sun on her shoulders, hear the chirping of the cicadas and smell the wild thyme and rosemary. Fi then assimilates all these sensations and lets them flow out and onto the canvas in an attempt to capture the unique moment.
Fi likes to paint energetically, with bold strokes and vibrant colour, always trying to stay away from the obvious, and rather than stating what she sees in front of her, tries to suggest - building a sense of mystery and involvement between artist and viewer.
"I try to paint fast in order to by-pass the intellect. If I allow my logical mind to take over when I am at work, the painting can become static and less vibrant."
- Cricket Fine Art, 2 Park Walk, Chelsea, London, SW10 0AD
- Cricket Fine Art Hungerford, Barrs Yard, 1 Bath Road, Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17 0HE
- Christina Gallery, Edgartown, Martha’s Vineyard, USA
- Chateau de la Loubière, Pertuis, 84130 France
- Roxtons, 26 West Street, Haslemere, Surrey GU27 2AJ
- Bone Interiors, 3 Market Square, Petworth GU28 0AH
- Battersea Affordable Art Fair
- Exhibition, Chateau Bouc Bel Air
- Sue Elton Summer Exhibition, Lane End Farm, Winchester
- Bristol Affordable Art Fair
- Sarah Sclater Fine Art
- Solo Exhibition @ Cricket Fine Art
- “Eposition de Trois Artistes”, Galerie de la Prevoté, Aix en Provence
- AAGP Exhibition, Atrium Hotel, 15 Cours Gambetta, Aix en Provence
- Exhibition of work, Atelier L’Abeille, Luynes
- Spring Exhibition, Marchutz School of Art, Aix en Provence
- Exhibition, La Salle Bontemps, Gardanne